rules for the Madchainsong part 4 - 2006:
Do not feel afraid of this rules list, more than half of
these rules should be seen as pure logicial thinking! Have fun reading
When the sign up has closed we will have a public vote to
decide who starts. The artist that starts can also choose to re-enter
the chainsong at a later stage. This is done to get a great start to the
Special rule for the first persons in the chainsong:
- 6 instruments max to be added by the starting artist (max 6mb in samples)
- You can max use 6 tracks (1 instrument per track)
- A ftp login and password will be sent to all artist who
has signed up.
- Look at the schedule when its your time to do your part in the chainsong!
- No VST plugins are allowed!
- You can max use 128 lines X LPB to make your part (If
you use lpb 4, then max is 128x4=512 lines)
- You only add 4 new instruments to the chainsong
- You can use mutiple samples under each instrument, but max filesize
is 4mb in total per artist!
- You have 96 hours (4 days) to make your part (se
- If you have not upload your part before the next artist starts, you
will be skipped
(send us a mail for more info about how you can
re enter the chainsong if this happends).
- You are allowed to adjust the last pattern of the artist "before"
you, but "only" for blending in your own part!
- The beginning artist decides the LPB and bpm, everyone is allowed to
change it in his part as long as it keeps the song going! (try
to make it sound nice if you change it)
- Tracks 61-64 will have pre set mpreverb track effects on them, these
effects arent allowed to be altered or removed
- No reverb track effects may added on any difrent tracks (this
is to keep the cpu usage low!)
- You have to label all you own patterns by your artistname!
- If you use automation, change volumes etc, make sure this does not affect
any previous part than your own!
- Max tracks added by an artist is 4.
- If you introduce an new instrument you HAVE to use it in a new track
(unlabeled track - max 4 track per artist) you have to name that track
to the instrument that you have used. This way all instruments will have
there own track, labeled proparly by the artist introducing them into
the song, "including instrument number" If multible tracks are
needed for strings etc lable these tracks as string 1 / string 2 etc.
(Later in the chainsong when all tracks has been taken [max 4 tracks per
artist] you can still introduce new instruments, but you have to re-use
some other tracks)
of the chainsong:
To make the final part in the chainsong is always an honor!
This year, when all artists has finished their part, everyone can vote
on the part they think is the best part of the whole chain.The artist/part
that recives the most votes, will be given te opertunity to make an worthy
ending to the chainsong 2006! If the voted artist refuses, the 2nd best
artist will do the ending (etc). This is also a nice way to get feedback
and see what people think about your part.
The voted artist will get 512 lines x LPB and a week deadline
to make a worthy ending!
*Remember, this artist will have a serious responsability
finishing up the song, so if your the one, do your best, and end the chain
as it started. (making the track a whole one)
- The chain will most likely be run on its own, this means
you have to check the schedule on your own and and check when its your
time to do your part in the chainsong. We will always try to help you
if you get in any trouble what so ever:)
- Organisation is allowed to ban artists or parts of the
will get most likely be banned if:
- If you use the chainsong ftp for any other reasons than
uploading and editing your own chainsong part! (do
not try to delete anything, you have full access).
- If you delete chainsong parts other than your own without fixing it,
from the chainsong ftp! (Do not try, you have full
- If you try to destroy the chainsong in any way.
- If you start sharing the ftp login and password with other people than
those who has signup for the chainsong.
- If you disregard the rules completly.
- If you ruin any previous parts, with effects etc, without fixing it.
(Example, you add a stereo delay to track 1, which
makes stereo delay to all pervious parts who use that track.If you still
need that stereo delay, you have to turn it on with automation when your
part begins, and fix it so its turned off on all previous parts.)
If anyone gets banned a NEW pasword will be sent to all particapants
We hope that you see this list not as rules, but more like
"guidelines", so it will be easier for the next artist to continue
the chain. Imagine what mess the chain would be if we didn't set these
standards. Feel free to ask question on irc, forum or mail,
Factor & PyroZane